Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekly Winners, Madonna's and Street Art ...


My Weekly Winners has almost become a tradition
to take you with me, and show you something special ...



I guess I could take you on a guided tour through Antwerp,
on this horse and carriage maybe. That would be very charming.
But I won't ....

We could start at the Market Place,
to see the statue of Brabo and the beautiful old houses there,

and the stately ornaments on top of them,
but that's not what I want to show you.
If you visit Antwerp one day,
there's more than a huge chance you'll get to see all of this.

Instead, we'll walk.
Through tiny streets where horses and carriages can never get through.
I'll show you the Madonna's.

In certain parts of the old city, almost every street corner has one.

I think they were used as landmarks instead of street names.

I'll show you what's behind this gate, look ...

We can even have a drink here ...

And I can show you other things that made me smile ...
This sign at a tattoo shop maybe, or ...


their window display!

More "street art" ...
Or even one more Madonna ...
Just wait till you see what's hidden here behind the corner of this one ...

You can click on this one to enlarge it ...

The name of the street?
Paradise Street!


I hope you enjoyed this walk with me ...



See you all again next week,
and don't forget to visit the others at
the homeblog of Weekly Winners,
the one and only Sarcastic Mom!