Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly Winners, St.-Valéry sur Somme



Our first stop on the way to Normandy
was in St.- Valéry sur Somme,
a pretty village in the bay of the Somme.


There is a harbour ...

and the boats on the beach ...
Look, there in the distance

you can see the sheep grazing on the salty banks of the river.



Let's go into town ...

The sea is never far though ...

it's even in the colour of the houses ...

There was a pretty picture behind every corner ...


Come with me ...

I'll take you to the old part of town ...
In this ruin Joan of Arc was held in prison on her way to her trial.



Through the gate, towards the old church ...

I was looking for gargoiles but I didn't find any ...

or did I?
Maybe these will do?


This was quite a walk we've done here,

are you hungry yet?




This is merely half of the pictures I took during this walk,
and only a tiny fragment of the total amount of pictures
I took in Normandy. It's such a beautiful country ...
There is more to come, I promise ...

Meanwhile, don't forget to visit the others at
the homeblog of Weekly Winners!
See you!